FundRobot » Pension Funds » who does the tax money go to?

Old   #1 (permalink)
Posts: 2,565
Default who tax money go to

Ok as of December 14,2012 my father dumped the family,to be with another woman with money in another state.

Now on June 2013 my parents discussed getting a divorce over the phone,since my dad ran off with another woman.As Of June 25,2013 they are offically divorced.

By law my dad has to pay for my sisters(21 years old) and my(19 year old) college,because he is retired military.But we would have to hire a lawyer and private investigator to get any money out of him.
(spoke with a lawyer for advice,said we needed an investigator to find his new address)

By law he has to give us half his pension and take care of are health insurance until the age of 21(mom only gets 1 year).But he wont pay for it and we have to do it our self or get a lawyer.We can't afford a lawyer.

Now he didn't support us while he was banging another chick in another state.He left his wife and 2 kids (one is 21 and the other 19 now as of 2013).He has ruined all the bills so much we have to live in an extended stay hotel forever(he lost our house).Our mom couldn't do anything because at the time she was in the hospital with severe ammonia.

For the 2013 taxes my mom and me are going to be getting money back.Were going under my sisters taxes.

I don't work and my mom doesn't work(mom has major health issues,and I'm still waiting on any calls for jobs that I sent out applications for.)My sister (21 years old) has her own job and own taxes.

2013 taxes my dad wants half of mine(that was going to be put toward college),He also wants half of whatever my mother gets.Does he have any legal rights to take half or any at all?Because he can afford a lawyer and nail us,but were broke poor living month to month pay check.He even threaten to cut off moms allotment,which would take months to get back on.Which we can't afford,as soon as he cuts it were on the streets.

So does my dad have any legal rights to our taxes money?? We are going to be hooked on to my sisters taxes not his,so are we safe if we don't give him any??
Stocks4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old   #2 (permalink)
Posts: 2,639
Default who tax money go to

he has no rights. stand up to him.
Smile.ToMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old   #3 (permalink)
Posts: 2,586
Default who tax money go to

As Of June 25,2013 they are offically divorced. You have this enclosed information in your above enclosed information for this purpose and time.
Your sisters 1040 federal income tax return and any REFUND amount does NOT belong to any one else other than your sister because this is her own income tax REFUND amount for the 2013 tax year that she will fill out and file for during the 2014 tax filing season for the 2013 tax year.
How to determine if support test is met. You figure whether you have provided more than half of a person's total support by comparing the amount you contributed to that person's support with the entire amount of support that person received from all sources. This includes support the person provided from his or her own funds.
Support provided by the state (welfare, food benefits, housing, etc.). Benefits provided by the state to a needy person generally are considered support provided by the state. However, payments based on the needs of the recipient will not be considered as used entirely for that person's support if it is shown that part of the payments were not used for that purpose.
Total Support
To figure if you provided more than half of a person's support, you must first determine the total support provided for that person. Total support includes amounts spent to provide food, lodging, clothing, education, medical and dental care, recreation, transportation, and similar necessities.
Generally, the amount of an item of support is the amount of the expense incurred in providing that item. For lodging, the amount of support is the fair rental value of the lodging.
Expenses not directly related to any one member of a household, such as the cost of food for the household, must be divided among the members of the household.
You may find Worksheet 2 helpful in figuring whether you provided more than half of a person's support.
Person's own funds not used for support. A person's own funds are not support unless they are actually spent for support.
And you do have to sign the completed tax return where the below statement is included at bottom of the page of the 1040 tax form for your use at this time in your life.
Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is true, correct, and accurately lists all amounts and sources of income I received during the tax year.
Your signature Date Your occupation
Be sure that you do have very good daily detailed written records and a copy to be able to prove all of your information that you reported on your 1040 income tax return during the tax filing season for this purpose.
And on the copy of the worksheet that you used to determine the amount of support that you and others paid for this purpose available in case the IRS should decide that they would want you to verify some of the information that you entered on your 1040 income tax return and printed a copy for your records and signed the other copy to send to the IRS for processing at that time in your life.
Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 10/17/2013
Gamer125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old   #4 (permalink)
Posts: 2,502
Default who tax money go to

first of all your mother in entitled to half his military pension
she needs to contact the law section of the military to see what she needs to do
as for your 21 and 19 yr olds, I am not certain of his liability for their support, possibly due to attending college makes a difference but I am not aware or that(Mr B probably does)
if you are a minor he definitely has to provide support for you and this and the half your mother is eligible to receive will be sent directly to you from the military when you get it awarded
if nothing else have your mother contact the legal office of the military for advice
Owner101 is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools